Friday, April 9, 2010

14.5 Weeks

It seems like I should be posting a 2 week update, but everything is perfect ('touch wood' as Dr Shivani says).  We received our most recent scans this morning and both babies are progressing perfectly.  At the time of the scan today we were at 14 weeks 3 days and Twin 1 is measuring at 15 weeks 1 day and Twin 2 is measuring at 14 weeks 5 days...so both right on track if not ahead of schedule!  I can honestly say we are both relaxing finally.  If all goes according to plan and they come at 35-36 weeks, then they will be joining us around the last week of August - that is only a little over 4 months from now!!!  WOW!

So, given all is well, I thought I'd post something different this morning.  I really don't stop often enough and just appreciate the amazing place we live.  When Steve and I left the house this morning for our early morning walk with the pups, the sun was just rising.  I was so taken with how beautiful things are with the arrival of spring - so green and in early bloom.  We have peaches galore, limes and our apple tree is covered in new buds of growth.  We have an 8' wall of jasmine on the left, front entrance to our home and while they bloomed a month ago, the buds are still there and we are now getting an unusual second round of blooms - the fragrance is so strong you smell them from the street.  Steve is a landscaper and an avid gardener so things are always immaculate, but this morning I just had to grab a couple of photos...
And then there is just one more fun little note...we actually added a third 'fur baby' to our family a couple of months back.  Everyone thinks we have lost our minds - 3 dogs + 2 kids?!?!?!?  Seriously?  Yes, we fell in love with the idea of a Havanese.  They are the most amazing dogs and I ran across a breeder on the west coast that had 2 puppies that were chocolate/white mix - a rare combo.  We drove and met her in Sacramento and then there were three...introducing Lucy! We are officially like the old lady who lived in a shoe...had so many kids she didn't know what to do...have I mentioned Steve is going to be a stay at home dad?  I think he will be a natural based on the looks of this.
Next post at 16 weeks!

Love,
Terry & Steve

5 comments:

Edward said...

Ha! Well, we have 3 dogs and on target for 3 kids. So, our shoe run-eth over too! I think crazy people think we're crazy.
Spring is such an amazing time! The garden looks lovely. Celebrate! (and teach those dogs how to babysit!)

Phoenix said...

Great update. No news is good news. That puppy is gorgeous! (So is the hubby : )) Wow, three dogs two babies - what a family!

Doug and Bill said...

Given all you guys have been through with the baby thing, you write such great posts...! Couldn't be happier for you guys. We just said goodbye to our second pet (a very old cat) in the past 16 months and we have one, lovable, old, blind black lab roaming the house alone. I think we are due too!!! Good luck with everything and by the end of summer you'll have a FULL HOUSE! Great pics. Take care, D and B

jojo said...

Aww, that's the most gorgeous fur baby eva!!! Congratulations, daddies!

I miss u guys. Haven't heard from you in what feels like ages. (online girlfriend sob)

So glad everything is going well with your bubs. You're going to have two jumping beans in your laps soon.

lots-a-luv,

jojo

CocoaMasala said...

I am glad things are going well. I love your home and that puppy is adorable, reminds me of my 2 Shih Tzu's :)